Chicken Blueberry Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Whisk together first 6 ingredients. Reserve half of mixture, and chill.
Place chicken in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; pour remaining mixture over chicken. Cover or seal, and chill at least 1 hour.
Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 6 minutes on each side or until done. Cut into thin slices.
Combine celery and next 3 ingredients; add reserved dressing, tossing to coat.
Place chicken over greens. Top with celery mixture; sprinkle with berries.