Blackberry Jelly & Custard
- 4 leaves leaf gelatine
- 500g blackberries (frozen are fine)
- 150g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp Crème de Cassis
- 1 carton fresh vanilla custard
1. Soak the gelatine in cold water until softened. Put the blackberries and sugar in a pan with 500ml water. Gently heat until all the sugar has dissolved then simmer for 3-4 minutes so the fruit releases all of its juice.
2. Push through a sieve into a clean pan. Heat gently then add the gelatine (squeeze out excess water) and stir until dissolved. Add the crème de cassis and strain into a shallow glass bowl. Chill for about 4 hours or overnight until set.
3. To serve, roughly chop the jelly then layer up in bowls with the custard. Decorate with redcurrants if you like.