Blackberry Breakfast Bars
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries or raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup margarine or butter melted
In a mixing bowl stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, Â¼ teaspoon cinnamon, and baking soda. Stir in melted margarine or butter till thoroughly combined. Set aside 1 cup of the oat mixture for topping. Press remaining oat mixture into an ungreased 9x9x2-inch pan. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Carefully spread filling on top of baked crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Lightly press oat mixture into filling. Bake in the 350-degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes more or till topping is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.