- 250ml sweet white wine , such as Sauternes or muscat
- 75g caster sugar
- 2 strips lemon zest
- 600ml double cream
- 150g blackberries
- 150g blueberries
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 150g strawberries , hulled and quartered
- 150g raspberries
2. To make the berry purées, put the blackberries and blueberries in a small pan, add 1 tbsp caster sugar and cook over a low heat until the fruit is tender and juicy. Push through a nylon sieve into a bowl and cool.
3. Put the strawberries in a blender with the raspberries and remaining caster sugar. Whizz until smooth, then push the fruit through a sieve into a bowl.
4. Remove the lemon zest from the sweet wine mixture. Pour the double cream into a large bowl and, whisking constantly, add the sweet wine in a steady stream. Continue to whisk until the cream is soft and pillowy.
5. Add 2/3 of both berry mixtures to the cream and, using a large metal spoon, very roughly combine. Spoon into glasses and serve with the extra berry purées.